Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions for the ‘Be the Inspiration’ Competition
1. The New Zealand Olympic Committee, an incorporated society having its registered office at Olympic House, Hulme Court, 350 Parnell Road, Parnell Auckland 1052 (“NZOC“) is running the ‘Be the Inspiration’ competition (“Competition“).
2. Information published by the NZOC on how to enter and the prize forms part of these terms and conditions. Any entry not complying with these terms and conditions is ineligible to win any type of prize.
3. By participating in this Competition you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
4. Employees of the NZOC (and their immediate family members) are ineligible to enter.
5. The Competition commences 5 August 2015 and closes 5th October 2015 at 5.00pm (“Competition Period”).
Entry and Price
6. To be eligible to participate in the Competition, you must:
a. be a New Zealand resident;
b. have a valid passport; and
c. be 18 years or over.
7. For the avoidance of doubt, the person accompanying the winner may be aged under 18.
8. To enter
a. Eligible Entrants need to go to www.betheinspiration.nz (“Competition Webpage”) and:
i. submit a message of inspiration to the New Zealand Olympic Team; and
ii. register by providing their name and email address.
iii. Agree to these terms and conditions
9. Once an entry has been submitted, the entry will be first moderated by the NZOC before being published on the Competition Webpage at NZOC’s discretion.
10. There is no limit to the number of entries submitted by an entrant; provided that each submission has, as determined by NZOC in its sole discretion, a sufficiently different message.
11. NZOC reserves the right to disqualify any entry that contains any content which the NZOC determines, at its sole discretion, to be:
a. vulgar, offensive, sexually explicit, profane or pornographic;
b. derogatory of any race, ancestry, place of origin, color, ethnic origin, citizenship, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, family status or disability; endorsing any form of hate or hate group;
c. defamatory, or misrepresenting or containing disparaging remarks about other people, products or companies;
d. violent or promoting the use of alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, or weapons;
e. promoting unsafe activities;
f. containing copyrighted materials owned by others;
g. containing personal identification information, such as persons’ names, email addresses, street addresses or license plate numbers;
h. communicating messages inconsistent with the positive image of the NZOC’s name and brand; or
l. in violation of any law.
12. Any entry that is lodged by automatic, repetitive, robotic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents, including the use of a competition entry service, will void all entries by that entrant.
13. The prize (“Prize”) is:
a. two (2) economy return flights from Auckland to Rio de Janeiro (via Buenos Aires) booked by NZOC/New Zealand Olympic Travel;
b. return airport transfers in Rio de Janeiro;
c. six (6) nights’ accommodation for two (2) in 4 star accommodation including breakfast (twin/double share) in Rio de Janeiro (between 4-10 August 2016) booked by NZOC/ New Zealand Olympic Travel; and
d. two (2) event tickets to each of the Rio 2016 Olympic Games events listed below:
|05 Aug Opening Ceremony ZO001 Category D|
|06 Aug Rowing RO001 Category B 0830-1310|
|07 Aug Beach Volleyball BV009 Category A 2100-0050|
|08 Aug Rugby Seven’s Women’s Semis RU005 Category A 1230-1530|
|08 Aug Rugby Seven’s Women’s Finals RU006 Category A 1730-2000|
14. For the avoidance of doubt, the Prize does not include:
a. any other transport or transfer to those specifically stated above;
b. travel to/from Auckland;
c. travel insurance (which is highly recommended and quotes are available on request); or
d. any other costs/expenses incurred by the Winner.
15. The draw (“Draw”) will be conducted on the 7th of October 2015, after the close of the Competition Period. The winner of the Prize will be determined by random selection from a list of all Eligible Entrants from the Competition Webpage compiled by the NZOC or a by a nominee of the NZOC (“Winner”).
16. The Winner will be contacted by email. If the NZOC is unable to make contact with the Winner within 48 hours of the Draw, or the selected Winner is ineligible to win the Prize, the Prize will be forfeited and another Winner will be randomly drawn from the Eligible Entrants.
17. The NZOC reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who was not eligible to enter, does not comply with these terms and conditions, or tampers with the entry process.
18. The Winner may be required to provide proof of identity (e.g. driver’s licence or passport) before the Prize is provided to them.
19. Eligible Entrants agree to the NZOC using their personal information to communicate with them about the Competition (including by email)
20. The Prize must be taken as offered, may not be deferred, exchanged and is non-transferrable.
21. The Winner agrees to participate in all publicity organised by the NZOC, including but not limited to, photographs and audio and/or visual recordings of the Winner receiving the Prize. The Winner irrevocably consents to the NZOC using their likeness, name, address, image and/or voice in any media worldwide for an unlimited period of time without remuneration, for the purpose of promoting the Competition, and in any future marketing materials, website publications, promotions and or/prize draws and agrees that the NZOC will own copyright in any such images, photograph(s) and recordings and in all material incorporating the images and/or photograph(s) and recordings.
Special Terms relating to travel
22. The winner must have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination. Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay), will be the sole responsibility of the winner.
23. If the travel includes travel through the United States, it is the winner’s responsibility when travelling through (transiting included) the United States under the Visa Waiver Program to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) no later than 72 hours prior to departure if required. The winner must visit the US Department of Homeland Security website and fill in the required information.
24. No compensation will be payable if the winner is unable to use the Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the winner’s control or otherwise, then the winner will forfeit the Prize.
25. The winner and their travelling companion must travel together at all times.
26. Flight tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline’s departure city and their current flight schedule.
27. Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period specified in the Prize details, made by the winner, which incur additional costs, are to be paid by the Prize winner.
28. Unless explicitly stated in these terms and conditions, the winner will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Prize.
29. The NZOC makes no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The winner accepts the Prize at their own risk.
30. All travel is subject to the standard terms, conditions and restrictions of the Prize service providers. Any travelling companion included in the Prize accepts the Prize subject to these terms and conditions as if references to the winner in the relevant clauses were to the travelling companion. The winner and their travelling companion must sign a legal release, in a form acceptable to the NZOC in its absolute discretion, if requested by the NZOC.
31. The NZOC nor its affiliates, agents, directors or employees will be liable for any direct, indirect, special, consequential or other costs, expenses (including legal expenses), losses or damages whatsoever of any kind arising out of or in connection with:
a. access to or use of the Competition Webpage or any information contained in it;
b. the Competition, including, without limitation, any loss arising out of an entrant not being eligible to enter or able to enter due to any technical malfunction or communication failure; or
c. the Prize, including, without limitation, in relation to the use or ownership of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
32. The NZOC’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
33. All trade-marks, text, images, and logos relating to the NZOC, affiliates, agents, or third parties involved in this Competition and used in relation to it, are the exclusive property of the NZOC or those affiliates, agents and third parties and participation in the Competition does not confer any rights to an entrant in or over or grant any right to use these.
34. Each valid entry becomes the property of the NZOC. All personal information will be collected and stored by the NZOC in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. All entrants have the right to access their personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993.
35. Except where prohibited by law, Eligible Entrants assign to the NZOC their valid entry. NZOC may use the entry at its sole discretion including for the purposes of any future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes in any media worldwide, without further payment or consideration or notice.
36. Neither the NZOC nor any of its affiliates or agents will be liable if the Prize does not reach the winner for reasons beyond the control of the NZOC and/or its affiliates or agents.
37. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
38. If, for any reason, the Competition is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the NZOC, its affiliates or agents, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Competition, the NZOC reserves the right, at its discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the Competition.
39. The NZOC may, at its sole discretion and at any time, suspend or disqualify an entrant, reject any entry, amend these terms and conditions or any of them, cancel the Competition (either in whole or part) substitute the Prize and/or withdraw the Prize, by reason of any event of force majeure. Entrants agree that the NZOC or any affiliate or agent of the NZOC will not be liable as a result of an event of force majeure and that the exercise of such discretion by the NZOC shall not result in any compensation being payable or paid to any entrant or other person. In these terms and conditions, the expression “event of force majeure” shall mean any event affecting the performance of the Competition or any provision of these terms and conditions arising from or attributable to acts, events, omissions or accidents which are beyond the reasonable control of the NZOC and/or its affiliates and/or agents, including without limitation, any abnormally inclement weather, flood, lightning, storm, explosion, earthquake, subsidence, structural damage, epidemic or other natural physical disaster, failure or shortage of power supplies, war, military operations, riot, crowd disorder, strike, lockouts or other industrial action, terrorist action, civil commotion, by reason of any legislation, regulation, ruling or omissions (including failure to grant any necessary permissions) of any relevant government, court or any competent national or international authority.
40. The NZOC reserves the right to alter, amend, foreclose or withdraw the Competition and/or the terms and conditions of entry at any time prior to the closing date, without prior notice.
41. Any tax which the winner may be required to pay on the Prize under New Zealand law or the law of any other jurisdiction shall be the responsibility of the winner.
42. If any of these terms and conditions are determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the remaining terms and conditions shall continue in full force and effect.
43. These terms and conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with New Zealand law. Disputes arising out of or in connection with either the Competition or these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the New Zealand courts.